We support you with skills training, insight and access to the target market
Tourism for All Business Partner benefits
TFA industry endorsed online programmes provide disability awareness, technical and practical training - helping your staff to build skills and confidence
Market Intelligence and Insight
How large is the market? How do you begin to make your business accessible? How can you find out more about the market?
Promotion to travellers
We promote our Business Partners through our newsletter, Partner directory and social media channels.
TFA - helping businesses to become more accessible
One of our aims is to simulate and support travel and tourism businesses to become more accessible. This may sound like a large task but, actually, most businesses are already more accessible than they think they are.
There is a common perception that you need to spend lots of money on door-widening and ramps to become accessible, but only around 8% of disabled people are wheelchair users. And many disabilities are invisible.
Disabled people are just customers with specific requirements. Just like most of your other customers. Good pre-visit information, warm customer service and well-trained staff can count for much more than state of the art gadgets.
There is lots of information available to help you get started on your road to accessibility. The best source is the VisitEngland/VisitBritain accessibility pages - full of toolkits and easy step by step guides (some of them co-authored by TFA).
How can TFA help?
We are pleased to hear from any business that wants to start or move forward on the accessibility journey. We can offer advice and help make connections for you. For a small fee you can become a Business Partner and have access to our industry-endorsed online staff training, market intelligence, discounted consultancy rates and we promote your business to disabled travellers directly through our newsletter and social media. Please click on the boxes above to find out more about the benefits of Business Partnership.
If you are looking to reach disabled travellers directly, then you could become a Promotional Partner
If you have an accessible business that you would like to promote to travellers, then check out our consumer-facing Travel Planner booking website. To be listed on this website you need to become a Promotional Partner. Packages start at £175 + VAT (12 months) which gives you a searchable entry including:
- Full business description and details
- Accessibility and quality gradings
- Up to 5 images
- Online booking through major channels
- Basic priority in consumer search results
Sign up here to become a promotional partner
CHECKLIST: ARE YOU MISSING OUT ON THE MARKET OPPORTUNITY?
- 75% of disabled people and their families have walked away from UK businesses because of poor service.
- Many businesses – particularly larger ones – think that accessibility means legal “box-ticking” or “points scoring”. They don’t see it as being about welcoming and serving the needs of a valuable market sector.
- Many businesses – particularly smaller ones – think that accessibility means expensive (and sometimes unaffordable) modifications and formal inspections. They don’t realise that a warm welcome and a positive attitude to helping overcome issues can be just as important.
- Many businesses – of all sizes – are simply unaware of the value of the accessible tourism and travel market. They don’t realise the impact addressing the needs of this sector could have on their business – or how easy it could be.